Education Grand Rounds
Faculty development in teaching skills is needed to highlight the principles of effective teaching to better promote student learning. Taking part in faculty development programs to enhance teaching skills promotes desirable teaching behaviours.
Faculty from clinical, community and basic healthcare educators are expected to teach effectively. However, by default the amount of formal education in teaching or assessment techniques they receive prior to their first academic appointment is minimal.
Health Professions Education (HPE) Grand Rounds are a series of accredited CME sessions, open to all FHS AKU faculty, residents and students. Sessions are theme based on relevant topics in HPE and aims to deliver faculty development following the core principles of the Aga Khan University.
- Provide high quality interactive sessions in HPE
- Engage in knowledge networking and emerging technologies
Assess its impact and effectiveness:
- Promote networking across the Aga Khan Development Network
- Promote access and equity to the HPE community by taking positive measures to include of faculty from other institutions.
- Respond to identified topics in education according to national and institutional need
- Highlight best practice and innovations in HPE
- Access its impact and effectiveness
- Provide an oppotunity for interdisciplinary faculty development
Outlined themes for the HPE grand round sessions are: teaching skills/clinical teaching, assessment/evaluation, education focused research/scholarship, teaching and assessment using technology, and administrative education.
Presentations in the Grand Round are theme based by the subject experts, either from within the institution or outside AKU. Topic presentations address institutional, national or international needs.
The HPE Grand Round at Aga Khan University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for Health Care Professionals.
Video Archives – Education Grand Rounds