Introductory Short Course in Health Professions Education (ISC-HPE)
Health Professions Educator
24 hours of study consisting of three days full-time intensive face-to-face component with pre-course reading requirements.
The validity of ISC-HPE as pre requisite for MHPE programme is four years
The course aims to introduce participants to educational philosophies underpinning Health Professions Education globally and to innovative teaching learning strategies and pitfalls in assessment.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- differentiate between the different evolutionary curriculum models
- differentiate between curricular components
- differentiate between outcomes and objectives, and the different levels of objectives
II. Teaching and Learning
- use the different modes of instruction appropriately based on their strengths and weaknesses, and the principles of adult learning for all domains
- demonstrate common learner-centered instructional approaches
- identify the basic principles underlying PBL as a specialized version of small group learning and
- conduct the process of a small group (PBL) tutorial
- demonstrate tutor and student roles
- provide effective and constructive feedback
- incorporate different learning resources appropriately in the module
- develop assessment plan using the principles of assessment
- incorporate different assessment methodologies and tools appropriately in the module, for all three domains
- construct and critique multiple choice question(s)
Selection Criteria Click here
to see our selection criteria.
PKR 33,600 /= per person