Department of Family Medicine
The Department of Family Medicine began as part of the Department of Community Health Sciences, and was named a separate department in 2003 with an aim to:
- Educate medical students and trainee family physicians with focus on developing caring and competent physicians, providing effective and efficient care
- Conduct community and hospital-based research programmes to improve patient care and to benefit society
- Continuously improve all processes needed for patient care, education and research
- Foster compassionate teamwork with personal responsibility, honesty, integrity and trust
- Practice Family Medicine with focus on the needs of our patients
The department also collaborates with a number of stakeholders including College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan, College of Family Medicine, Pakistan, Pakistan Academy of Family Physicians, Royal College of General Practitioners, United Kingdom, World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA) and World Health Organization (WHO) to promote family medicine in Pakistan and other regions.