To maintain the discipline at AV-LRC, all users are required to follow the below mentioned guidelines:
Learning Resource Centre user guidelines:
- Anyone using AV-LRC facilities must sign-in and sign-out.
- No one will be allowed to enter the AV-LRC premises without an ID card.
- Discussion and loud conversation is prohibited as it causes disturbances to other users.
- Eating and drinking is strictly prohibited in AV-LRC area.
- The centre will close at exactly 10:30 pm.
- Maximum two students are allowed on one PC provided they work discretely and do not disturb others.
- No backpacks/satchels are allowed inside the AV-LRC premises.
- Installation of any software is forbidden on any PC by the users.
Audio Visual - Equipment borrowing guidelines
- Equipment requests should be made at least two days in advance.
- Due to equipment scheduling conflicts and limited resources, we cannot guarantee orders placed after the deadline of two days.
- Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Equipment may be picked up from AV-LRC between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Last minute requests can be honored only if the equipment is available.
- Equipment that is not picked up at the arranged time will be lent out to those on a waiting list.
- Information of whether a piece of equipment is available for loan may be obtained by contacting the AV-LRC at ext. 4449 or 4443.
- Requests to reserve equipment can be made via email at email@example.com (preferred) or by phone at ext. 4443 or 4449.
- Please ensure that you have a booking confirmation via email of the required equipment from the AV-LRC staff.
- At the time of check-out a valid identification card or its equivalent must be presented and a signature for the equipment is required.
- Individuals who sign out equipment are responsible for it during the loan period, and all borrowed equipment must be returned by the time indicated on the sign out form and in good working order.
- The AV-LRC must be informed of any equipment malfunctions as soon as they occur. We reserve the right to charge a lender for lost, stolen or broken equipment.
- Untimely return of equipment without valid reason will result in withdrawal of booking privileges.
- It is the responsibility of the user to pick up and return the equipment regardless of the location.
- Requests for equipment by student, who require the equipment as part of a course, must be made by the faculty member.
- If the reserved equipment is not needed it is requested that the reservation be cancelled as early as possible so that the equipment can be loaned to other users.
You should know in advance how to operate the equipment that you requested. However, you are more than welcome to make an appointment with a member of our staff to learn how to operate any equipment.