The Post-RM BScM programme is a two-year programme designed to prepare its graduates to provide comprehensive, evidence-based midwifery care essentially to healthy women throughout pregnancy, childbirth postpartum care, neonatal care and family planning.
The programme is comprised of midwifery and related courses offering a unique blend of face-to-face and distance-learning approaches for theory and practice. It is spread over four semesters of 18 weeks each of full-time study.
Admissions are open for 2020-2021 admission cycle. The last date to submit the application is June 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (Pakistan Standard Time).
Candidates are required to apply online. For assistance in completing the online application, applicants are advised to go through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or Understand the Online Process.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements and criteria:
- Have obtained the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) (any group) or equivalent.
- Have obtained the RN and RM Diploma.
- Hold current/valid registration/license in their country of residence.
- Have achieved at least a second division in the Provincial Nursing Board examination. Overseas applicants must submit evidence of successfully passing their national Nursing registration/licensure examination.
- Documentary evidence of minimum one year of clinical experience as RN by January 1, 2021. (PNC website date: September 6, 2019)
- All Registered Nurses holding an RN/RM must submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the institution where RN/RM has been completed. The NOC must certify that the institution and/or affiliated hospital has no objection if the candidate pursues higher education at the Aga Khan University for the academic session 2021.
In line with Higher Education Commission [HEC] requirements, candidates should have completed the mandatory courses of English, Pakistan Studies and Islamic Studies/Ethics and Religion at BA/BSc level.