Grants Review Committee
Chair: Dr Afia Zafar
Intramural competitive grants have been offered to faculty for more than 15 years to assist faculty to obtain preliminary data which would support extramural grant applications.
Four times a year, the Grants Review Committee receives and reviews proposals for funding from the University's unrestricted endowment for research - utilising external reviewers as required - from the viewpoint of:
- Sound justification
- Method and other technical considerations
- Ability to undertake the work
- The University's priorities and resources for research
Currently, financial support is offered under the following categories:
- Short term projects proposed by individual faculty: Projects in this category may receive funding up to US$15,000.
- Requests for support needed to complete a particularly significant project so that external awards may be sought (bridge fund).
- Short-term support for a pilot project.
- Theme-related projects initiated by multi-disciplinary faculty teams: Projects in this category may receive maximum funding of US$25,000. Preference will be given to multi-disciplinary and collaborative applications.
- Equipment required for specific projects: Total or partial support of up to a maximum of US$ 25,000 may be awarded for the purchase of equipment.
For further details and queries, contact:
Dr Jamshed Hasnain | Research Office