​Salary, Benefits and Facilities (Residents)

Salary Structure

Residents are offered a monthly salary according to their level of training:

  • Resident I     Rs 54,000
  • Resident II    Rs 55,000
  • Resident III   Rs 56,000
  • Resident IV   Rs 58,000
  • Resident V    Rs 65,000

Benefits

Leaves

Earned Leave: 23 working days per annum
Sick Leave: 15 calendar days per annum

Outpatient Medical Expenses

Annual maximum reimbursement limit is Rs 49,000; of this Rs 24,500 will be reimbursed for expenses incurred at AKUH Stadium Road campus or secondary health care hospitals. The reimbursement of outpatient medical expenses incurred at institutions outside AKUH will be allowed up to a maximum of Rs 24,500.

Inpatient Medical Expenses

Aga Khan University will bear 85 per cent of the admissible hospitalization expenses. The remaining 15 per cent of the expenses will be borne by the employee and should be settled by the employee before the patient is discharged. However, if an employee is unable to pay the required expenses immediately, he/she can request for this amount to be deducted from his/her salary in a maximum of 12 equal installments.

The above hospitalization benefit is applicable at AKUH Stadium Road campus or secondary health care hospitals and the room entitlement for the employee and his/her dependents’ will be of general ward.

Assistance for Diagnostic Tests and Procedures Expense

All diagnostic tests and procedures which cost over Rs 7,000 will be treated as inpatient, i.e. 85 per cent of the cost will be borne by AKUH and 15 per cent will be charged to the employee. All eligible employees and their dependents can avail this benefit. Limits apply: expenses pertaining to dental procedures, cosmetic treatment and executive medical check-ups will not be admissible under this category.

Group Insurance

Interns are covered under the Group Life Insurance Scheme for 30 months’ last drawn salary. Additionally, coverage for temporary and permanent disability or death due to accidents is also provided. The cost of premium is fully borne by the Organization.

Facilities

Housing

All postgraduate trainees are provided accommodation only during on-call duties.
Limited living accommodation is available for male and female postgraduate trainees on a 'first-come-first served basis'. AKU does not take the responsibility of providing accommodation to all candidates. Trainees from outside Karachi are provided a living out allowance of Rs 9,500 per month.

Read more...