Salary and Benefits (Fellows)

Salary Structure

Fellows are offered a monthly salary according to their level of training:

  • Fellow I     Rs 140,000
  • Fellow II    Rs 150,000
  • Fellow III   Rs 160,000

Benefits

Leaves

Fellows are entitled to the following leaves:

  • Earned Leave: 23 working days per annum
  • Casual Leave: 5 working days per annum
  • Sick Leave: 15 calendar days per annum
  • Maternity Leave: 12 consecutive weeks

Outpatient Medical Expenses

Annual maximum reimbursement limit is Rs 85,000. Of this amount, a maximum of 25% is allowed to be incurred outside AKUH campuses, while the remaining should be used within AKUH campuses.​

Inpatient Medical Expenses

AKU will bear 85 per cent of the admissible hospitalization expenses. The remaining 15 percent of the expenses will be borne by the employee and should be settled by the employee before the patient is discharged. However, if an employee is unable to pay the required expenses immediately, he/she can request for this amount to be deducted from his or her salary in a maximum of 12 equal installments.

The above hospitalization benefit is applicable at AKUH Stadium Road campus or the secondary health care hospitals and the room entitlement for the employee and his/her dependents’ will be of general ward.

Assistance for Diagnostic Tests and Procedures Expense

All diagnostic tests and procedures which cost over Rs 7,500 will be treated as inpatient, i.e. 85 per cent of the cost will be borne by AKUH and 15 per cent will be charged to the employee.  All eligible employees and their dependents can avail this benefit.  Limits apply: Expenses pertaining to dental procedures, cosmetic treatment and executive medical check-ups will not be admissible under this category.

Group  Life Insurance

Employees are covered under the Group Life Insurance Scheme and Personal Accident Insurance for thirty months’ last drawn base salary. The cost of premium is fully borne by the Organization.

Read mor​e...