Manuscript Writing Workshop
The Aga Khan University Department of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) and the American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) to provide continuing medical education. The American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 22.50 AACME Category 1 Credit(s). Each participant should only claim those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
This workshop is planned for those who are interested in publishing their work in peer reviewed journals. If you have term paper, project report, PhD/graduate dissertation, or currently are at different stages of your academic journey or career and want to publish your work, this course is particularly for you. The purpose of this workshop is to acquaint you with necessary steps of publication such as; preparing, submitting and successfully publishing manuscript.
Participants must have a preliminary draft/report/written material in order to attend this workshop.
This workshop will address the multiple steps required in writing original articles and reviews with the aim of providing the reader with the necessary tools to prepare, submit and successfully publish a manuscript.
- Performing literature search
- Critical appraisal of literature
- Writing and structuring scientific manuscript
- Following ethical and publishing guidelines
- Incorporating expert feedback on manuscript
- Presenting abstract
The workshop follows a workshop approach, facilitated through lectures, structured around presentations, discussions, hands-on practice and assignments.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction for the course is English. Participants are expected to be proficient enough to comprehend, read and write in the English language.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals of Medical and allied disciplines
- Medical students, residents, faculty, health professionals across the board from within and outside of AKU
- Individuals responsible for clinical research
- NGO representatives with technical responsibilities for research, report writing, audit and surveys
- Postgraduate public health students and researchers
- Professionals/academic health science educators involved in teaching
The four days (8:30 am-5:30 pm) workshop is scheduled to be offered from November 20-23, 2017, both days inclusive.
The tuition fee of course is Pak. Rs 11,000 (US$ 150 applicable for international participants). The tuition fee covers classroom instructions, course material, refreshments and simple lunch during working hours.
Dr Asaad Nafees, MBBS, FCPS, Assistant Professor, CHS, AKU
Dr Farah Qamar, Assistant Professor, Paediatrics & Child Health, AKU
Participants will be selected on the first-come first-serve basis. Kindly send a filled Registration Form to email@example.com /Ms Nadira Ashraf.