Basics and Application of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
A virtual workshop on Risk Management -Basics and Application of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) was conducted via zoom link for outreach laboratory staff on 15th March 2023. It was organized by Quality Assurance group of Clinical laboratories -Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
Directors: Dr. Sibtain Ahmed (Assistant Professor)
Ms. Mashhooda Irfan (Manager, Quality Assurance,)
Coordinator: Ms. Lubna Khaleeq (Senior Coordinator Quality Assurance)
Participants: Laboratory In charges, Quality Control Officer, Charge & Senior Technologist working in Clinical laboratory
- Introduction to Risk Management in clinical lab from theory to practice.
- Presenter: Dr. Sibtain Ahmed
- Process flow and FMEA tool.
- Presenter: Mashhooda Irfan
- Group exercise on FMEA.
- Facilitator: Ms. Mashhooda Irfan , Ms. Lubna Khaleeq, Ms. Saba Azeem , Ms. Bushra Ahmed
- Group presentation on process mapping & Calculate Risk Priority Number (RPN) for FMEA by the participants.
By the end of workshop participants were able to:
• Recognize the importance and benefits of risk management.
• Understand FMEA and its real time application via case studies.
• Use process mapping.
• Calculate Risk Priority Number (RPN)
The workshop was highly interactive with brainstorming session, hands-on task, group work & online group presentation. The participants appreciated the workshop and gave positive feedback.