Dr. Irum Qamar Khan joined the Department of Emergency Medicine as an Instructor in 2009. She was appointed as Senior Instructor in 2011 and promoted to the rank of Assistant Professor in 2015.
Masters of Arts in Emergency & Disaster Management, American Military University, American Public University System, USA, 2021
FCPS (Surgery), College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan, 2007
MBBS, Dow Medical College, Karachi, 1998
Residency in General Surgery, Liaquat National Hospital, Karachi, 2000-2003
Internship, Civil Hospital Karachi, 1999
Bomb Blast & Terrorism
Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Pakistan, 2015
Senior Instructor, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Pakistan, 2011-2014
Instructor, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Pakistan, 2009-2011
Member of Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC)
Member of College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan (CPSP)
Member of Pakistan Society of Emergency Medicine (PSEM)
Member of Society of Academic Emergency Physicians (SAEM)
- Bhatti S, Aziz A, Nadeem N, Khan IQ, Usmani I, M Aamir. “Automatic Classification of the Severity of COVID-19 Patients Based on CT Scans and X-rays Using Deep Learning” in European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine. 2020:7(10); 1438-1455.
- Khan IQ, Siddique EU, Waheed S, Khursheed MK, Afzal B, Kazi SG, M Daniyal. “Clinical Decision Unit, an extension of emergency department: An experience and advantage in a tertiary care centre” in J Pak Med Assoc. Feb 2020;70(2):293-8.
- Afzal B, Siddique EU, Khan IQ, Irfan GK. “Phosphine inhalation, case series of domestic unintentional poisoning commonly used as anti-bed bug chemical from a low income country” in International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health. 2018 Aug;5(8):3643-3646
- Tariq M, Shamim MS, Subhan A, Saeed S, Rehman Z, Virani B, Ashraf A, Khan IQ, Qamar F, Rizvi R. Re-structuring a University Hospital’s Internship Program Using Kern’s Six-Step Model of Instructional Design. MedEdPublish. 2017:1-20.
- Lashore A, Schneider E, Razzak JA, Khan IQ, Turner JA, Mosck C. “The impact of the World Health Organization Trauma Care Checklist program in 11 centers across multiple economic strata” World Journal Surgery 2017 April;41(4):954-962
- Khan IQ, Khan N, Naeem R, Kerai S, Allen K, Zia N, Shahbaz S, Afridi S.Q., Siddiqui E, Khan UR, Hyder AA, Razzak J. “Bomb Blast injuries: an exploration of patients characteristics and outcome using Pakistan National Emergency Departments Surveillance (Pak-NEDS) data” BMC Emerg Med.2015 Suppl 2 (S7).
- Mehmood A, Moin A, Khan IQ, Mir MU, Jooma R. “Vulnerable road users are at greater risk Ramadan- results from road traffic surveillance data” J Pak Med Association. J Pak Med Association. March 2015; 65(3):287-291.
- Kazi S.G.I., Habib M.I., B. Afzal, Khan IQ, Siddiqui E, Aftab M. “Nail as a foreign body n a neonate, an unusual presentation at an unusual age” J Pak Med Association. J Pak Med Association. March 2015; 65(3):287-291.
- Siddiqui E, Waheed S, Khan IQ. Developing paediatric emergency medicine—an opinion from a developing country tertiary care center. J Pak Med Assoc. 2015;65(12):1346-8.
- Dr. Kazi G, Siddiqui E, Habib I, Khan IQ, Khan B, Feroz A, Iqbal A. “Emergency showstopper-factors behind delays in final disposition”. Mediterranean Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2014 No 20: 9-14.
- Khursheed MK, Khan UR, Ejaz K, Fayyaz J, Khan IQ, Razzak JA. “A comparison of WHO guidelines issued in 1997 and 2009 for dengue fever — single center experience”. J Pak Med Association. June 2013; 63(6):670-674.
Created on:04/26/2016 Last modified:09/01/2021