Dr. Emaduddin Siddiqui is a Pediatric Emergency Consultant. He joined Department of Emergency Medicine as Instructor in 2006. He was appointed as Senior Instructor, Emergency Medicine in 2006 and later promoted to the rank of Assistant Professor in June 2010 and Associate Professor in July 2017. Dr. Siddiqui is the current program director of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Fellowship program.
FCPS, Paediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan, 2005
MCPS, Paediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan, 2005
DCH, University of Karachi, 2003
MBBS, DOW Medical College, 1992
Fellowship in Paediatric Emergency, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada, 2012
Residency in Paediatrics, National Institute of Child Health, Karachi, 1999
Emergency Medicine Education
Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan, 2010 - 2017
Senior Instructor, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan, 2008 - 2010
Instructor, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan, 2006 - 2008
General Secretary, Pakistan Society of Emergency Medicine, 2021
Awards and honours
Best Emergency Medicine Faculty Award, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Pakistan, 2012
Best Teacher Award, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Pakistan, 2015
- Salahuddin. S. M, Siddiqui EU. Tongue Entrapment in a plastic bottle in a young boy: A case report. SAJEM. 2021;04(1)
- Kapadia. N. N, Siddiqui EU. Bedside index (BISAP) v/s Ranson scores in predicting mortality and severity in patients with acute pancreatitis.. JPMA 2021;71:1988-91 https://doi.org/10.47391/JPMA.03-417
- Waheed S, Siddiqui EU. Vitamin D in COVID-19 Pneumonia: High Yield with Low Risk. JCPSP 2020, Vol. 30 (Supplement 2 COVID-19):S180S180
- Waheed. S, Ali. N, Sattar. S, Siddiqui EU. Shock index as a predictor of hyperlactatemia for early detection of severe sepsis in patients presenting to emergency department of a low to middle income country. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2020;32(4):465-69
- Siddiqui EU, Jokhio A A, Raheem A, et al. (July 06, 2020) The Utility of Early Warning Score in Adults Presenting With Sepsis in the Emergency Department of a Low Resource Setting. Cureus 12(7): e9030. doi:10.7759/cureus.9030
- Irum Qamar Khan, Siddiqui EU, Shahan Waheed, Munawar Khursheed, Badar Afzal Khan, Sayyeda Ghazala Kazi, Muhammad Daniyal. Clinical Decision Unit, an extension of emergency department: An experience and advantage in a tertiary care center. JPMA Feb 2020; 70 (02):293-98. https://doi.org/10.5455/JPMA.296221
- Freedman. SB, Soofi. SB, Willan. AR, Williamson. SU, Siddiqui EU, Xie. J, Dawoud. F, Bhutta. ZA. Oral Ondansetron Administration to Dehydrated Children in Pakistan: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Pediatrics. 2019;144(6):e20192161
- Hassan. M, Qamar I. K, Afzal. B.A, Siddiqui EU. Near missed diagnosis of extensive aortic dissection in a young patient presenting with non-specific symptoms. Case Report. JPMA. 2019 Sept.; 69 (9): 1376-79.
- Siddiqui EU, Waheed. S, Perveen. P, Daniyal. M, Raffay. MA, Siddiqui. S, Siddiqui. Z.
- Clinical outcome of pediatric patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI) receiving 3% hypertonic saline (HTS) in the emergency room of a tertiary care hospital. JPMA. 2019, 69 (11):1741-45
- Siddiqui EU, Khan I.Q, Waheed. S. Clinical Decision Unit: An Extended Emergency Department: Experience of Disease Patterns of Patients Admitted to a Tertiary Care Hospital. Accepted: JPMA. 2018-04-398
- Siddiqui EU, Daniyal M, Raffay MA, Siddiqui SI, Siddiqui ZI, Farooqi W. Triage for low income countries: Is ESI truly the way forward? Review Article. Int. J Community Med Public Health. 2018 Nov; 5(11):5003-5007. http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2394-6040.ijcmph20184606
- Afzal BK, Siddiqui EU, Kazi SG, Khan IK, Daniyal M, Raffay MA, Unusually high serum lactate in patient presenting with septic shock. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2018 Oct;5(10):4613-4616. http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2394-6040.ijcmph20184019
- Siddiqui EU, Waheed. S. et.al. Critical Care Communication in a Busy Emergency – Are we really conveying our thoughts? Journal of Pediatric Critical Care 2018;5(1):114-16
- Siddiqui EU, Mustahsan S, Daniyal M, Raffay MA, Mikdad A, Siddiqui SI, Siddiqui ZI, Medical simulation: a novel innovation from resource limited nation. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2018 Oct;5(10):4641-4642. http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2394-6040.ijcmph20184023
- Badar Afzal, Siddiqui EU, Kazi GI, Khan IK, Daniyal M, Raffay MA. Phosphine inhalation, case series of domestic unintentional poisoning commonly used as anti-bed bug chemical from a low income country. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2018 Aug;5(8):3643-3646. http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2394-6040.ijcmph20183113
- Kazi. G, Siddiqui EU, et.al. Neonatal Purpura Fulminans, a rare genetic disorder due to protein C deficiency. JPMA 2018;68(3):463-5
- Waheed. S, Baig. M. A, Siddiqui EU, Jamil. D, Bashar. M, Feroze. A. Prognostic Significance of Optic Nerve Sheath Diameter on Computed Tomography Scan with Severity of Blunt Traumatic Brain Injury in the Emergency Department. JPMA 2018;68(2):268-71
- Siddiqui EU, Mustahsan M. Short Review on Unintentional Injuries in Pediatric Population of Pakistan. Prim Health Care 2017;7(3):1-2
- Siddiqui EU, Kazi SG, Afzal. BA, et. al. Factors behind not using child restrain among hospital employees and general population: A case control study. Submitted: World J. Emerg. Med 2017;8(4):269-75
- Siddiqui EU, Zia. N, Feroze. A, Awan. S, Liaquat. A , Razzak. JA, et. al. “Burn injury characteristics; Findings from Pakistan National Emergency Department Surveillance Study”. BMC Emergency Medicine 2015, 15 (Suppl 2):S5.
- Atiq. H, Siddiqui EU, Bano. S, Feroze. A, Kazi. G, Fayyaz. F, et. al. “The Pediatric Disease Spectrum in Emergency Departments across Pakistan: Data from a Pilot Surveillance System”. BMC Emergency Medicine 2015, 15 (Suppl 2):S11.
- Khan. I Q, Khan. N U, Naeem. R, Kerai. S, Allen. K, Zia. N, Shahbaz. S, Afridi. S Q, Siddiqui EU, et.al. “Bomb blast injuries: an exploration of patient characteristics and outcome using Pakistan National Emergency Departments Surveillance (Pak-NEDS) data”. BMC Emergency Medicine 2015, 15 (Suppl 2):S7
- Siddiqui EU, Ejaz K, Shahan Waheed, Ghazala Kazi, Munawar Khursheed. Attitude towards child restraints and seat belts usage in the learned population of Karachi, Pakistan. World J Emerg Med 2014. Vol 05;No 03: 223-28
- Zafar W, Siddiqui EU, Ejaz K, Shehzad MU, Khan UR, Jamali S, Razzak JA. Health Care Personnel and Workplace Violence in the Emergency Departments of a Volatile Metropolis: Results from Karachi, Pakistan. J. Emerg Med. 2013 Nov; 45(5):761-72.
- Book: Essential Practical Procedural Skills in Emergency Medicine. ISBN 978-969-637-119-9, 2015.
- Kazi G, Siddiqui EU, Habib I, Khan B, Feroz A, Iqbal A. Emergency Showstopper-Factors behind delays in final disposition. Mediterr J Emer Med. 2014; 20:9-14.
- Waheed S, Siddiqui EU. The unseen and untold issues of clinical trials and research ethics in Pakistan. Letter to Editor. International Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research. May- August 2013; 2 (2): 161-62.
- Khan BA, Shakeel N, Siddiqui EU, Kazi G, Khan IQ, Khursheed M, et al. Impact of delay in admission on the outcome of critically ill patients presenting to the emergency department of a tertiary care hospital from low income country. J Pak Med Assoc. 2016;66 (5):509-16
- Siddiqui EU, Kazi SG, Habib MI, Khan KMA, Zia N. Pattern of relapse in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia in a tertiary care unit. J Pak Med Assoc. 2016; 66 (8):961-67.
- Siddiqui EU, Waheed. S, Khan I.Q. Developing Pediatric Emergency Medicine An opinion from a developing country tertiary care center. JPMA. 2015; 65(12):1345-48
- Tariq Munshi, Archana Patel, Mir Nadeem Mazhar, Tariq Hassan, Siddiqui EU. Frequency of metabolic syndrome in psychiatric patients, is this the time to develop a standardized protocol to reduce the morbidity from an acute care psychiatry unit. JPMA 2015;65:54-8
- Kazi. G I, Habib. M I, Khan. BA, Khan. I Q, Siddiqui EU, Aftab. M. Nail as a foreign body in a neonate, an unusual presentation at an unusual age. JPMA 2015;Vol. 65, No. 3: 315-16
- Siddiqui EU, Kiran Ejaz, Sayyeda Ghazala Irfan Kazi, Saif Siddiqui, Syed Jamal Raza. Mother’s education and working status, do they contribute to corrosive poisoning among pediatric patients of Karachi, Pakistan? JPMA. Aug 2013; 63(8): 992-96
- Khan A, Siddiqui EU, Ahmed S. Glucocorticoids induced allergic reaction. JPMA December 2013; 63(12):15478-48
- Siddiqui EU. Strengthening Pediatric Emergency Medicine in Pakistan is our need to reach Millennium Development Goal 4.0. JMPA 2012; 62(9):870-71.
- Siddiqui EU. Emergency Triage: Extend of our knowledge. JMPA 2012; 62(8):839-42
- Lone S, Siddiqui EU et all. Frequency, clinical characteristics and outcome of diabetic ketoacidosis in children with type-1 diabetes at a tertiary care hospital. JPMA. September 2010; Vol. 60(9):725-729.
- Siddiqui EU, Ejaz K, Siddiqui U. Unintentional, Pediatric Domestic injuries from a Semi rural area of Karachi. JPMA. 2012; 62; 638-43I.
- Siddiqui EU, Ejaz K, Lone S, Raza SJ. Investment in pediatric tuberculosis prevention in Pakistan: Loss or gain? JPMA. Nov 2010; 60(11):897-900.
- Siddiqui EU, Hanif S, Siddiqui U, Raza S J. Immunization coverage of BCG among children reporting to tertiary care hospital by gender and nutritional status Pak Paed J. Apr - Jun 2010;34(2):107-11
- Siddiqui EU, Razzak JA. Pediatric Emergency Medicine. An evolving sub specialty in Pakistan. Editorial. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. Mar 2008;18 (3):135-136
- Siddiqui EU, Razzak JA, Naz F, Khan SB. Factors associated with hydrocarbon ingestion in children. JPMA. Nov 2008; 58(11):608-612.
- Siddiqui EU, Hanif S. Juvenile Myelomononcytic Leukaemia. Pak J Med Sci. Jan-Mar 2008; 24(1):175-177
- Siddiqui EU, Hanif S. Chediak Higashi Syndrome. Pak J Med Sci. Apr-Jun 2008, part I. 24(2):328-330
- Siddiqui EU, Saira L, Hashmi S, Hanif S. Congenital Malaria. Pak J Med Sci. Oct-Dec 2008: 24(04):765-7
- Naz F, Rehman AJ, Ashraf S, Siddiqui EU. Antibiotic treatment of children with upper respiratory infection in Karachi Pak Paed J. Jun 2008; 32(2):116-6.
- Hanif S, Naz F, Siddiqui EU, Raza J. Acquired Aplastic Anemia: Treatment in a developing country. Pak J Med Sci. Jul-Sept 2007;23(3) 370-4
- Siddiqui. EU, Salah uddin, Naz. F. The importance of contact history in childhood tuberculosis. Pakistan Journal of Pharmacology. 2006; 23(2): 25-29
- Siddiqui. EU. Book Chapter: Neurologic complications of Bacterial Meningitis (ISBN 979-953-307-074-1). http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/neurologic complications of bacterial meningitis. 2012
- Siddiqui. EU. Book Chapter: Role of Dexamethasone in Meningitis (ISBN 979-953-307-074-1) http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/role-of-dexamethasone-in-meningitis.2012
- Siddiqui EU. Injury: An avoidable killer. The Medical Gazette (Newspaper of Pakistan Medical Association). June 5, 2009, Vol. 36; No. 97: page 06
Created on:04/26/2016 Last modified:09/01/2021