The Master of Education (MEd) programme is a well-designed blend of theory, practicum and research. It prepares reflective practitioners who can transform teaching, learning, assessment and leadership and management practices in educational institutions. Students are developed as exemplary leaders with a strong commitment to educational change. By the time of graduation, students develop a broader understanding of educational issues, are able to think global, and are ready to find innovative solutions to suit their unique local needs. The MEd specialisations include:
- Teacher Education focusing on Science, Mathematics, English Language and Social Studies education
- Educational Leadership and Management, and
- Educational Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation
to know more about the unique features, courses and structure of the programme.
Admissions are open for 2020-2021 admission cycle. The last date to submit the application is June 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (Pakistan Standard Time).
Candidates are required to apply online. For assistance in completing the online application, applicants are advised to go through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or Understand the Online Process.
- 16-years of schooling in Education with minimum 50% marks. Candidates with degree in areas other than Education must have a 1.5 years BEd* degree (54 credits).
- To specialise in Educational Leadership & Management (ELM): Minimum two years of teaching experience in an educational institution with at least one year of management experience.
- To specialise in Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation (AME) / Teacher Education (TE): Minimum two years of teaching experience. Monitoring, evaluation and assessment related experience will be preferable for specialisation in AME
* Candidates applying with a 1-year BEd degree are required to complete 6 bridging courses of 18 credits at IED.
Financial Assistance and Scholarships
Needs-sensitive financial assistance and merit-based scholarships (covers the tuition fee) are available. For details please contact the Graduate Programme Office at +92-21-36347611-4/36826991-4, Ext. 8591 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of the Registrar
Aga Khan University
Institute for Educational Development
1-5/B-VII F.B. Area, Karimabad, Karachi-75950
Tel: +92-21-36347611-4 (Ext. 8633)