Tuberculosis Research Group
Infectious Diseases, Immunology, Molecular epidemiology
Research focus includes pathogenesis of
mycobacterial diseases, understanding of host-cell mechanisms, patterns
and mechanism of antimicrobial resistance in M. tuberculosis strains,
molecular epidemiology of M. tuberculosis strains.
Dr Rumina Hasan
- Dr Zahra Hasan
- Dr seema Irfan
- Dr Kausar jabeen
- Dr Sadia Shakoor
- Dr Joveria Farooqi
- Dr Salima Qamar
- Kiran Iqbal
- Akbar Kanji
- Mussarat Ashraf
- Muniba Islam
- Sana Jafri
Surveillance of pyrazinamide and flouroquinolone resistance amongst Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates.
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland. (2013 – 2014 ), $ 178,883. 4
- Evaluation of sensitivity and specificity, rapidity and cost of broth micro-colony detection method for microbiological monitoring of multi-resistant Tuberculosis treatment.
University Research Council (Funded 2012-2014), US$25,000.
- Evaluation of Sensitivity and Specificity of GenoType MTB DRplus Line Probe Assay in Rapid Diagnosis of Tuberculous Pleural Effusion.
University Research Council (Funded 2013-2015), US$23,000.
- Evaluation of sensitivity and specificity, rapidity and cost of broth micro-colony detection method for microbiological monitoring of multi-resistant Tuberculosis treatment
University Research Council (2012-2014 ), US$23,000.
Technical assistance and support by TB Supranational Reference Laboratory (SRL) in Karachi, Pakistan, to TB laboratory strengthening and to drug resistance surveillance (DRS) activities in countries
(2014-2015), $ 127,837
- Clinical and Experimental Studies on the role of SOCS3 and STAT3 proteins in Tuberculosis
Swedish Research Links. (2014-2016), SEK 322,000.
- Rapid diagnosis of childhood TB using MTB GeneXpert TB/RIF assay.
University Research Council, AKU, Pakistan TDR/EMRO, Small Grants Scheme, Switzerland. (2014-2015 ), $ 10,000
Dr. Martin Rottenberg, Karolinska Institute, Sweden.
- World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical medicine, UK.
- National TB Control Program, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre, Karachi, Pakistan.
FOR FUNDING, COLLABORATION AND QUERIES, CONTACT:
Dr Zahra Hasan