Why an UnConference?
The ‘Un’Conference will allow us to be faculty and student-led, through a Global Solutions Café and Co-creation Learning Labs; engage in fun reflective activities, through a Quarantine Teaching Bloopers, provide faculty development opportunities through Flipped Learning Master Classes and Peer-Reflective Studios, and allow for asynchronous engagement such as through Pecha Kucha stories, at an attempt to minimize the zoom and virtual learning fatigue.
Who should attend?
All those involved in teaching and learning in higher education:
- Faculty Members
- Academic Support Staff & Administrators
- Assessment Specialists
- Curriculum Developers
- Deans & Course Leads
- Educational Researchers
- Education Developers & Technologists
Why should you attend the SoTL UnConference?
The UnConference will be unique in the opportunities it presents to the faculty members and students. There is something of interest for everyone. Furthermore, the UnConference will bring the AKU Family to engage in problem-solving, reflective thinking, and some laughs. If you are still on the fence, here are some more reasons why you should attend the SoTL UnConference!
- Connect with AKU family from all campuses through the Global Solutions Cafe
- Reflect on your teaching in a fun and creative way through the Pecha Kucha and Quarantine Teaching Bloopers
- Reinforce existing best practices in the pandemic era and beyond through Flipped Learning Master Classes
- Learn from your peers through reflective conversation around the new world of teaching through Peer Reflective studios
- Developing creative solutions to reimagining learning-centered teaching through Co-creation learning labs