Call for Abstracts is now open for the Nursing SPIRIT ‘22 - Student Perspectives in Research & Innovation Trends - a student-led nursing research symposium hosted and organised by the Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery, AKU-SONAM, Office of Graduate Studies and the Office of Research & Innovation.
Who can submit?
- All currently-enrolled students of Diploma, Bachelor, Master or PhD program in nursing, anywhere in the world
- Nursing alumni who have graduated in the past 2 years
- The abstracts may have multiple authors but must be led/co-authored by currently-enrolled nursing students or graduates of the past two years.
- The primary author must present the abstract (if selected) in an oral presentation either face-to-face or virtually.
- As a presenter or first author, it is allowed to submit unlimited number of abstracts.
- These abstracts should not have been submitted to any previous symposiums or research assemblies.
- Research abstracts must be relevant to the health sciences. Research abstracts related to other fields will not be accepted.
- The abstract(s) should contain three key words, a background/introduction/objective, methods, results, and recommendation/conclusion and should not be longer than 350 words.
The research abstract may incorporate supplemental resources like graphs, figures, charts, images, etc. if they meet the following criteria. This will be excluding the word count of 350.
- The abstract may have a maximum of two supplements.
- It must be pertinent to the scientific content of the abstract.
- The supplements must not include any patient identification that could infringe their privacy (e.g., patient name, medical record number, etc.).
Abstract submission deadline: Thursday, November 10, 2022
Shortlisted abstracts will be notified by email, and invited for an oral presentation at the main event on November 30, 2022.