Management of Common Respiratory Disorders
Introduction and Aims
Respiratory disorders impose a major health burden globally. The course provides experiential learning for general practitioners to acquire specialized skills in the diagnosis and management of common respiratory disorders.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective management of a patient with acute asthma exacerbation in a clinic setting.
- Demonstrate the management and care of a patient with pneumothorax secondary to trauma.
- Demonstrate diagnostic, assessment and classification criteria for respiratory disorders.
- Evaluate and identify when, and when not to refer a patient to a tertiary hospital, based on assessment and findings.
- Critically consider and deploy therapeutic options for acute exacerbation of asthma and pneumothorax.
Participants will engage with clinicians and realistic clinical scenarios, experiencing hands-on practice with the following:
- SimMan 3G in ‘High Fidelity’ clinical scenarios
- Cardiology Patient Simulator – for the diagnosis of normal and a comprehensive range of pathological lungs sounds
Who should attend?
General physicians, medical officers and residents
For registration and further information, please contact us.
Centre for Innovation in Medical Education
Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Tel: +92 21 3486 3735 / 3733 / 3705