You will provide assistance to the Manager, Female Hostels, in handling the affairs and supervising the general activities of the School of Nursing & Midwifery (SONAM) Hostel.
Specific responsibilities include:
- maintaining a very close liaison and coordination with the housekeeping, maintenance, security, horticulture and other concerned departments to ensure cleanliness, hygiene, health, maintenance, safety & security and to make the ambience of the hostel premises worth living
- ensuring that housekeeping and security guards that are assigned duties to female hostel are performing their duties efficiently
- having regular duty hours, however, if needed, you may be required to perform duty in rotation in On-Campus hostel when any of the assigned staff will be on long leave
- keeping an updated record of all hostelites and hostel occupancy, also taking care of hostelites residing in the hostel and helping to resolve their day to day affairs
- making the hostel environment academically conducive, socially healthy and disciplined
- monitoring the hostel premises to make sure that they are kept in a neat and clean state
- ensuring that students do not leave the hostel premises unauthorized and without informing, and making sure that students’ in and out timings are recorded in the book
- assuring that only bonafide individual avails the hostel facilities
- ensuring that any party in the hostel is not conducted without the approval of the Manager
- monitoring the hostel premises to ensure that any prohibited and illegal activity is checked and immediately reported to the Manager and the Security department
- ensuring that hostel facilities are not misused/ damaged
- keeping track of all the complaints made by hostelites and making sure that they have been addressed
- recording of daily activities/events, duplicate keys and any incident in the hostel
- ensuring that the financial statement, occupancy/vacation status and the rent dues against the hostelites is prepared on time and submitted to the finance department.