Award Management and Compliance
• Submit high quality donor reports, narrative and financial, on a timely basis according to AKU, DWA and KfW regulations. Ensure all required documents are included, complete, and correct and approved by the respective heads.
• Work closely with the Programme teams to develop standard reporting templates and tools that will support improved narrative.
• Maintain knowledge of grant agreement language and regulations, serving as a knowledge resource on the futures project and escalating questions where needed.
• Raise compliance issues proactively with the relevant project Director, DWA finance Team and AKU Kenya finance team.
• Lead grant opening meetings, quarterly grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings in collaboration with the Manager, Innovation Centre and Projects.
• Lead management meetings, including monthly review of Budget vs Actual (BVA) reports to address and escalate any projected underspend.
• Keep the management informed of any projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission and spend rates/significant budget variances. Be able to proactively mitigate risks through proposing remedial solutions.
• Compile and respond to information requests from AKU,DWA and KfW.Business Development
• Support the development of high quality proposals and budgets that are relevant to futures project Strategic Action Plan and include input from key stakeholders (finance, operations, programs, partners, etc.).
• Contribute to all aspects of the proposal development process - including compilation/editing of the technical narrative, development of budgets and budget narratives, drafting of required annexes, etc.
• Work closely with AKU-GSMC and DWA to ensure coordination and adherence to proposal timelines and requirements.
• Prepare monthly funding request for the project. This will be reviewed by AKU Finance team and DWA finance team
• Manage the payment process of the futures project i.e ensure that the documentation requirement is meet by project team before payments can be submitted to AKU Finance/DWA finance for processing