The course will provide you with an opportunity to:
- develop insights into gender equality in education concerns within the global and national policy context;
- unpack and critique national commitments for Sustainable Development Goals;
- develop an understanding of and the application of gender concepts, theories and frameworks;
- gain understandings of gender dynamics and how various gender concepts reflect in educational processes at macro and micro level;
- develop skills of integrating gender sensitivity and responsiveness in your own practices;
- engage in teaching to reinforce positive gender attitude-preparing students to take on empowered gender roles;
- adapt the curriculum after analyzing it from a gender perspective; and
- analyze existing school structure and culture and propose ways to improve it for developing gender inclusive schools.
Dr Dilshad Ashraf
Associate Professor, AKU-IED, Pakistan
Who can attend?
Development practitioners, researchers, scholars, students of gender studies with minimum graduation qualification with a background and interest in gender and development, and those who are interested in undertaking research on gender issues in any field of social development.
July 9 – October 29, 2019 | Every Tuesday | 3:00 - 6:30 pm
Rs 35,000 /- per participant
Deadline for Registrations
July 2, 2019
*Registration will be made on first come first serve basis and subject to availability of seats.
Fill the registration form
and submit it to the Professional Development Centre, Karachi.