The course will provide you with an opportunity to:
- understand what counseling is and what is the purpose of counseling skills in a classroom/school setting;
- become aware of your own fears and apprehension;
- identify conflict and distress in teacher-student relationship;
- identify students’ own conflict and the influence of social toxicity;
- gain knowledge and be able to apply counseling and communication skills;
- understand and work with interpersonal dynamics and conflict; and
Who should attend?
- assess risks and establish boundaries to create a self-care plan.
School management professionals, coordinators, (career) counselors and teachers of Grade 5-12 having good English
December 5 - 6 & 19 - 20, 2016
2:30 - 5:30 pm
Aga Khan University Institute for Educational Development
Rs. 8,000/- per participants
Deadline for registrations
November 30, 2016*
Anita Florijn has an MEd in Educational Leadership and Management from AKU-IED and is also a certified UK-CPCAB integrative psychotherapist and counselor. She works as Director at Family Educational Services Foundation and in addition, teaches a diploma course in integrative counseling. She has over 25 years of experience working in the development and educational sector. Her expertise and interest lie in the areas of counseling, youth development, inclusion, capacity building, and resource mobilization.