The course will provide you with an opportunity to:
- appreciate the importance of algebraic thinking in mathematics curriculum;
- explore strategies to help children make a smooth transition from arithmetic to algebraic thinking;
- recognise and analyse patterns, study and represent relationships, model, justify, prove and predict change and generalise it using algebraic expressions;
- use manipulatives, pictorial and symbolic representations to illustrate algebraic expressions; and
- design learning activities to engage children in developing algebraic thinking.
Dr Munira Amirali , is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education at the Aga Khan University’s Institute for Educational Development. She did her PhD in Education from AKU IED. Her doctoral research explored teachers’ beliefs about the nature of mathematics, mathematics teaching and learning. She has taught mathematics teacher education courses and research at both graduate and post graduate levels. Dr Munira has a rich experience of working with schools particularly with mathematics teachers teaching at ECD, primary and secondary levels.
Who can attend?
Mathematics teachers, coordinators/heads of mathematics departments, textbook writers, teacher education college faculty, parents and tutors.
This fee is inclusive of applicable Sindh Sales Tax.
- For national participants: Rs. 4,200 per participant
- For International participants: US$ 50
August 25, 27 and September 1, 2020
Timings: 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Deadline for Registrations
August 17, 2020
*Registration will be made on first come first serve basis and subject to availability of seats.