AKU's School of Nursing and Midwifery has always led the way in introducing new academic programmes and improving nursing and midwifery education, research and practice. This pioneering role has continued over the years, and now the School aspires to be the first nursing school in Pakistan to introduce the role of Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs) in the public and private healthcare settings.
In the past couple of decades, there has been a global trend where nursing schools are preparing MScN students to take on APN roles. These nursing students are skilled in complex decision making and have a range of advanced clinical competencies that prove vital in the achievement of UN's sustainable development goals.
The conference, which will bring together national and international nurse leaders, aims to:
- Create awareness about the APN role in the public and private healthcare institutions of Pakistan.
- Facilitate and introduce the APN role at the University Hospital by engaging the School's alumni working as APNs globally to provide technical expertise and share knowledge.
- Collaborate with local, regional and international nursing bodies.
- Partner with the Pakistan Nursing Council and members of the Nursing and Midwifery Leaders' Forum to establish this role across the country and ensure its viability.
- Provide a forum for exchange of expertise, experience and knowledge in developing the role.
Who Should Attend
This conference is open to all nursing and midwifery students, educators, practicing nurses and midwives, leaders in the field and other healthcare professionals.
Role of Advanced Practice Nursing in improving quality of life and achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
- APN role in trauma and emergency care; preparedness, challenges and opportunities for APN
- Geriatric nursing: An emerging need
- Midwives: defenders/advocates of women’s health rights
- Palliative nurses leading to improve the quality of care of clients
- Role of public health nurse in communities we serve; rural, mountainous and urban slums
- Role of Advance Practice Nurse in mental literacy and wellbeing
- Role of APN in inter and intra professional collaborations through practice, education and research
For abstracts submission and details about conducting workshops, please visit our events