Educational Leadership and Management
Leadership in education is a contested notion as it is typically seen as residing in designated roles and positions. However, at IED, EA broader, contextually situated and distributed notions of leadership and their role in transforming schools and other educational institutions are the focus of our investigations. Issues of equity and inclusion embedded in leadership are special focus of this research group.
Some of the activities undertaken by this group are to:
- Research boys’ and girls’ participation in the process of learning;
- Design and test programs of contextually appropriate models of educational leadership
- Study students’ participation in school governance;
- Investigate contextually relevant and/or technologically mediated models and approaches to educational leadership
- Undertake advocacy and dissemination to a range of stakeholders