The Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine strives in ensuring excellent patient care and patient safety. We pride ourselves in the services we provide which include:
- A state-of-the-art facility that provides 24-hour monitoring to patients in the ICU and HDU.
- Presence of our locally and internationally Critical Care Medicine trained faculty 24 hours a day, 7 days-a-week.
- Expertise in invasive and non-invasive critical care medicine.
- Critical care medicine trained nurse with a minimum nurse to patient ratio to ensure close and adequate care of patients admitted to the ICU and HDU.
- A close working relationship with our other section, including the Departments of Radiology, Pathology, Nutrition and Laboratory, ensuring a multidisciplinary and expedited approach to patient care.
- A close working relationship with our physical and occupational therapists to ensure that our patients get their holistic rehabilitation needs met.
- Adoption of national and international best practices and protocols to minimize medical risks to our patients while ensuring the highest quality of patient care and safety.
- Family support services including religious services.
- Frequent family meetings and updates.
- A close working relationship with our Section of Palliative Care.