DEPARTMENT OF RADIOLOGY
Medical College, East Africa
The Department of Radiology and Diagnostic imaging started in 1959 with a single Radiologist and only offered general radiography. It has since grown and transformed in leaps and bounds from dark room processing of radiographs to digital radiography, from hand-written reports to a PACS system and from hand written reports to voice recognition dictation of reports. We also have a 256-slice dual source state of the art CT scanner with fluoroscopy capability, two MRI machines (3T and 1.5T), digital mammography with tomosynthesis, interventional radiology services, a nuclear medicine section and most recently, a PET-CT scanner with cyclotron, the first of its kind in sub Saharan Africa.