Eligibility for Membership
1. Full-time (FT) faculty member with five years of experience in higher education at the time of application submission. At least three years FT faculty appointment at AKU, working at Assistant Professor level or above. Membership is restricted to AKU faculty only.
2. Demonstration of teaching effectiveness and excellence through \classroom innovation and scholarly teaching.
3. Active engagement in faculty development activities at AKU around teaching and learning (e.g., within your department, DED, CIME, ELE_net, QTL_net etc.), which includes Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities such as ISC, TEACH, TLEW, RTT, FDPBL etc. as well as, reflecting on how this has been transformational to their teaching practice. This would be authenticated through a Teaching Dossier (TD).
4. Demonstrated excellence in Leadership in Teaching and Learning at AKU and beyond.
1. Recipient of a formal distinguished award for teaching. For example, HEA Fellowship, FAIMER, BUTA, AKU Award of Excellence in Teaching and Teaching Leadership etc.
2. Serving/served as an active member of a teaching and learning committee within AKU or in other leading HE Institution.