Education and Research
Our Section meets educational objectives by:
- Providing modular teaching session to our internal medicine residents.
- Assisting with resident research projects and providing mentorship as needed.
- Participating in local, national, and international seminars, events and conferences.
- Organizing national scientific meetings and conferences.
- Educating our faculty and other staff members on evidence-based advances in rheumatology and musculoskeletal medicine.
Current Research Projects
Otieno F O, Moots R J, Oyoo G O. Rheumatoid Arthritis in Kenya. Afr J Rheumatol 2017; 5:1-2.
Genga EK, Shiruli BC, Odhiambo J, Jepkorir S, Omondi EA, Otieno FO, Oyoo GO. Clinical characteristics of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus in Nairobi, Kenya. Afr J Rheumatol 2015; 3:62-66. 3.
Otieno F O, Muia B. Occurrence of crystal arthropathy in patients presenting with synovitis in Nairobi. Afr J Rheumatol 2014; 2:75-77
Omondi GO, Otieno FO, Mbuthia B, Omondi EA, Genga EK. Experience with rituximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in Nairobi, Kenya. Afr J Rheumatol 2015; 3(1):17-21
Otieno FO, Oyoo GO, Otieno CF, Omondi EA. Clinical Presentation of Patients with Adult Onset Stills Disease in Nairobi: a case series. Afr J Rheumatol 2015;3(1):38-40