Introduction and Aims
In Pakistan, more than 8,000 women die and about 150,000 women suffer from the postpartum haemorrhage complications every year. Postpartum haemorrhage is an emergency and lack of experience and competence can lead to detrimental consequences for the patient. This course is envisaged to improve clinical outcomes, by reducing the likelihood of medical error and by achieving competency in response to obstetrics bleeding emergencies.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify women who may be at particularly high risk of PPH and to allow prompt intervention should excessive bleeding occur.
- Demonstrate the protocol for general anaesthesia and the medications used.
- Demonstrate vitals monitoring and anaesthesia management during the caesarean section and promptly intervene.
- Recognize and calculate the allowable & estimated blood loss.
- Demonstrate leadership and effective communication with assistants and team members.
- Demonstrate the correct use of medications, including dose, route of administration, contraindications and its side effects for a patient with a postpartum hemorrhage.
- Evaluate the patient and communicate with the ICU team for patient transfer and instructions for post-operative care.
Human Patient Simulator – High fidelity obstetric haemorrhage scenario in OR
Who should attend?
Anaesthesiologists, medical officers, residents and interns
Date & Time
October 16, 2019
8 am to 2 pm
Fee: Rs. 5,000
Note: Limited seats available (First 8 delegates)
5.5 AACME Category 1 Credit(s) will be provided on completion of this course.
Online registration form: https://forms.gle/4pA56kzSRvAhkFKr6
For further information, please contact us.
Centre for Innovation in Medical Education
Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Tel: +92 21 3486 3735 / 3733 / 3705