• A Master’s degree or a recently earned PhD in media/communication-related studies or law, art or science field. Candidates nearing completion of their doctoral dissertation may also be considered. Key areas of expertise sought include media economics (business modelling for media viability), media innovation and/or media governance.
• Evidence of developing a track record of internationally excellent research worthy of publication in highly-ranked, peer reviewed academic journals, commensurate with the candidate’s career stage.
• Familiarity with the social science literature on media economics (or related field), media viability, media monitoring, news media and framing effects and media innovation.
• Solid understanding of and experience with advanced statistical modelling is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
• At least three (3) years of teaching and or experience in a dynamic research/media organization or at a reputable university
• Demonstrable track record of professional and or academic writing
• Extensive applied research experience
. Participation in at least four externally funded research projects under Principal Investigators. Experience as a Principal Investigator is highly desirable.] •
. Successful experience in applying for grant funding and project completion.
• Experience of converting research into media products that are directed at lay audiences.
• Experience working with incubation services.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
• Qualitative and Quantitative research skills.
• Ability to maintain a climate that is collegial, that respects and values diversity, that treats faculty, staff and learners/Innovators fairly and that is hospitable to creativity and innovation
• Ability to manage large and complex databases
• Ability to teach complex statistical concepts to non-statisticians
• Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
• Ability to keep up with new technology
• Confidentiality and integrity;
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Attention to detail
• Adaptability and reliability