Bridge Finance for Hardship Support
Bridge financing for hardship support is also provided through this fund. It is available only to those students who suffer an unexpected crisis. This partial and non-regular fund helps students cope with unexpected personal hardship safely, dignifiedly, and securely.
- An active student in full-time undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate degree-seeking academic programmes at AKU.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Student having a record of academic or disciplinary misconduct.
- Support for pre-existing (before enrollment in their current academic programme) conditions or problems will not be provided.
- Non-active students (students who are on a semester/year break)
Throughout the year (based on the availability of funds)
- Students must complete the Online application form.
- Office of Student Experience carries out the need assessment.
- Applicants may be asked to submit the documentary evidence case-to-case basis.
POST APPLICATION PROCESSES
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and notified.
- Funds are either transferred to the applicant's account, paid in cash or kind as deemed appropriate.
- Beneficiaries are required to repay the fund in either of the following manners:
- Through Work and Study Programme: Amount in lieu of your on-campus work is adjusted against your due repayment.
- Payment in cash: The repayment schedule must be discussed with the OSEP Office.
- In case of any discrepancy, designated offices may conduct a follow-up review. Students may be required to present their documentation to Finance Office personnel for further evaluation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Support cannot be provided to cover tuition fees or accommodation costs.
- Hardship support will not be extended for recurring costs, e.g., to cover meal costs for an entire semester/year.
- Maximum payback time is 12 months/year.
- If it is determined by university personnel that funds were sought for, or used for, purposes outside the scope of students' original application, students may face disciplinary consequences as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedures.
Office of Student Experience, Pakistan (OSEP)
The Aga Khan University
Student Services, University Center, Ground Floor
Stadium Road, P.O. Box 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
T. +92 21 34864536 / +92 21 34869095