Teachers' Academy Advisory Body
Teachers’ Academy Advisory Body (TAAB) was formed in August 2019 to guide the implementation of the Teachers’ Academy in its first 5 years. TAAB is comprised of the following external and internal members:
Dr Haile Debas, Chairman pro tem, AKU Board of Trustees and Founding Executive Director, Institute for Global Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco.
Dr Tashmin Khamis, Professor and Vice Provost, Quality, Teaching and Learning, AKU.
Ex-Officio and Director, Teachers’ Academy:
Dr Jane Rarieya, Associate Professor and Director, Teaching and Learning, AKU.
- Dr Debra Dawson, Director, The Centre for Research on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Western University and former Director of Western University’s Teaching Support Centre.
- Dr Elizabeth Canon, President emerita of the University of Calgary & a Member, AKU Board of Trustees.
- Dr Helen Loeser, Former Director Academy of Medical Educators, University of California, San Francisco.
Internal Members (Deans and their Designates):
- Dr Adil Haider and Dr Saniya Sabzwari- Medical College, Pakistan
- Dr Lukoye Atwoli and Dr Dorothy Kamya- Medical College, East Africa
- Dr Rozina Karmaliani and Ms. Khairulnissa Ajani- School of Nursing, Pakistan
- Dr Eunice Ndirangu and Dr Grace Edwards- School of Nursing, East Africa
- Dr Farid Fazal Panjwani and Dr Tasneem Anwar- Institute for Educational Development, Pakistan
- Dr Lawrence Pintak or Dr Nancy Booker -Graduate School of Media and Communications
- Dr Leif Stenberg or Dr Stephen Lyon- Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations
- Dr Anjum Halai- Faculty of Art and Science
Sahreen Chauhan, Manager, Teachers’ Academy