The course will provide you with an opportunity to:
- examine and broaden your conceptions of learning and teaching science;
- demonstrate an enhanced understanding of selected content in the three disciplines of science (physics, chemistry and biology);
- explore and analyse students’ alternative frameworks in learning science;
- develop science education practice that is informed both by current learning theories and research undertaken in the context;
- develop teaching/learning materials to develop students’ knowledge, skills and attitudes essential for science; and
- enhance your knowledge and practice of a variety of teaching strategies in science, particularly those that are relevant to the contextual realities of the developing world.
Who can attend?
Teachers and teacher educators teaching science.
When and where?
January 16 – May 8, 2019 | Every Wednesday | 9:30 am -12:30 pm | AKU-IED
Rs 35,500 /- per participant
Deadline for Registrations
January 10, 2019
*Registration will be made on first come first serve basis and subject to availability of seats.
- Dr Nelofer Halai, Professor, AKU-IED, Pakistan
- Dr Tasneem Anwar, Assistant Professor, AKU-IED, Pakistan