The School of Nursing and Midwifery's (SONAM) Gerontology and Geriatric (GAG) and Public Health (PH) clinical streams are organising a two-day Train the Trainer workshop to commemorate ‘International Day of Older Persons 2018
’ (IDOP). The theme for IDOP this year is Celebrating Older Human Rights Champions
The focus of this two-day workshop will be to prepare the healthcare providers in the identification and management of issues like dementia, delirium and depression among older people, which are a few often ignored health concerns due to lack of awareness and training.
To enable the participants to:
- discuss health as a basic human right for older people;
- appreciate age-specific health needs for older people;
- recognize the importance of geriatric assessment as a key element in determining and managing conditions such as delirium, dementia and depression;
- understand the socioeconomic issues of ageing; and
- discuss special considerations in communication with older people.
The participants will then be able to train the healthcare providers in their respective workplaces. The GAG and PH teams will also technically facilitate the participants in conducting further workshops.
• Practising nurses engaged in the care of older people whether in hospital or community settings, including NGOs, etc.
• Having a minimum of 3 years’ work experience
It is an invitation-only workshop. If you have received an invitation, please click here
and fill the registration form keeping in view the below guidelines.
• Institutions will be registered to nominate candidates for the training workshop.
• Participation in the training workshop is free of cost subject to institutional commitment to replicate similar workshops within three months of the training in their respective workplaces.