Neurodegenerative dementias are common and often present to the non-specialized setting. The Neuropsychiatrist and Geriatric Psychiatrists in the work shop will focus on capacity building of participants for managing dementias in non-specialized settings.
- Dr Iracema Leroi, Professor of Psychiatry in Ageing and Dementia, University of Manchester
- Dr Ross Dunne, Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Qurat Khan, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Learn types, clinical presentations, and stages of dementia
- Be able to diagnose common dementias and learn when to refer
- Learn Principles of management and treatment of common dementias
- Learn how to apply international standards in local setting
Medical Professionals & Allied Health Workers
Medical Students, Nurses & Trainees
- PKR 1,000 for Medical professionals
- PKR 500 for Students
Department of Psychiatry in collaboration with Department of Continuing Professional Education
The Aga Khan University Department of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) and the American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) to provide continuing medical education.
The American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 2.5 AACME Category 1 Credit(s). Each participant should only claim those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.