The course will provide you with an opportunity to:
- understand the theories of education and development, and the role of education in development;
- develop the ability to examine and critique the theories of development and underdevelopment;
- appreciate and critique national policy and plans for education in the context of development including the role of international aid and development agencies;
- reflect critically on the relationship between politics, economics, culture and education and development;
- create a framework for analysis of education systems and use it to analyse the current status of education and development in a developing country; and
- appreciate the intersection of development fields through examining local development models.
- Dr Nosheen Ali Assistant Professor, AKU-IED, Pakistan
- Dr Sajid Ali Associate Professor, AKU-IED, Pakistan
Who can attend?
Students, teachers, teacher educators, development professionals, policy-makers and education managers.
July 4 – October 24, 2018 | Every Wednesday| 3:00 - 6:30 pm
Rs 35,200 /- per participant
Deadline for Registrations
June 21, 2018
*Registration will be made on first come first serve basis and subject to availability of seats.
Fill the registration form
and submit it to the Professional Development Centre, Karachi.