By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Describe why a trauma history should be explored in all patients
- Effectively communicate with an abuse survivor
- Comprehensively evaluate risk factors for developing psychiatric complications in trauma survivors
- Identify when to refer an abuse survivor to a psychiatrist/ psychologist
- Provide first level psychological support to an abuse survivor
- Family Practitioners/trainees
- Other interested professionals
- Dr Nargis Asad, Clinical Psychologist, Associate professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Dr Tania Nadeem, Board Certified Adult and Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Fees: PKR 1,000
Closes at registration of 25 participants
Department of Psychiatry in collaboration with the Department of Continuing Professional Education
The Aga Khan University Department of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) and the American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) to provide continuing medical education.
The American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 3.0 AACME Category 1 Credit(s). Each participant should only claim those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.