By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- To understand the history, theory and practice of Balint groups in healthcare settings
- Appraise how Balint groups are different from other forms of Group therapy
- Become familiar with the concept of counter-transference and how to use this therapeutically in Balint groups
- Engage experientially in 4 Balint Groups over 2 days run by experienced leaders
- Develop and use self-awareness as a tool when dealing with complex patients
- Learn about Balint leadership training and network with interested colleagues
Dr M. Shameel Khan, MBBS, MRCPsych, MA, PG Diploma, Assistant Professor & Consultant, Department of Psychiatry
- Family Physicians and Oncologists
- Medical Residents
Department of Psychiatry in collaboration with Department of Continuing Professional Education
The Aga Khan University Department of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) and the American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) to provide continuing medical education.
The American Association of Continuing Medical Education designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 10.0 AACME Category 1 Credit(s). Each participant should only claim those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.