A course designed for individuals related to radiation areas in healthcare facilities. The course covers the regulatory requirements & general radiation protection, basic radiation physics, Biological effects of ionizing radiation, radiation dosages to patients during radiological examinations, introduction to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures pertaining to Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Oncology.Salient Features
- Unique course being offered with recognized certification for the first time in Pakistan
- Collaborative project of Aga Khan University & Hospital & Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Provide opportunity for the participants to interact with the experts in the field of Radiation Protection in healthcare
Who should attend?
- To create awareness regarding the Radiation Protection practices pertaining to the ionizing radiation in hospitals
- To provide a theoretical background on the fundamentals of Radiation Protection
- To give an opportunity for hands-on practice to manage radioactive spillage and respond to radiation emergencies in hospitals
- To address the Joint Commission International Accreditation, ISO standards pertaining to Radiation Protection in health care and to meet the regulatory requirements
- Mandatory for those who are identified as radiation workers by their respective departments and have been issued the OSL badges
- Those working in a healthcare setup that uses ionizing radiation in procedures
- Clinicians, Physicians, Surgeons, Nurses, Technologists and Biomedical Engineers
Certificates will be issued jointly by AKU and PNRA only to participants who have 90 per cent attendance in sessions. ACCME has also allocated 5.5 of Category 1 credits for the course.
A collaborative project of Department of Radiology and Department of Continuing Professional Education, AKU & Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority (PNRA)
The Aga Khan University Department of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) and the American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) to provide continuing medical education.
The American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 5.5 AACME Category 1 Credit(s). Each participant should only claim those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.