At the end of the course, participants will understand:
- Brain Basics: Structure and function with respect to behavior
- Effect of genes and the environment on the brain functioning
- Biochemical disturbances leading to depression, anxiety and eating disorders
- Effect of stress on intellectual capability
- Animal research and its usefulness in depression/anxiety studies
Dr Fazal Arain, Dr Syeda Sadia Fatima & Dr Qurat –ul-Ain KhanWho should attend
Basic scientists, students and other mental health professionalsOrganisers
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences in collaboration with Department of Continuing Professional EducationThe Aga Khan University Department of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) and the American Association of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) to provide continuing medical education.
The Aga Khan University Department of Continuing Professional Education designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 3.5 AACME Category 1 Credit(s). Each participant should only claim those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.