In this course you will get an opportunity to:
- gain theoretical insights into the field of policy studies;
- understand the ‘policy trajectory’ from problem identification to policy formulation to implementation and evaluation stages;
- conduct policy analysis and carry out a policy related research;
- identify and overcome implementation deficiencies;
- communicate policy messages and engage in policy advocacy;
- develop the ability to critique policy processes and the politics that surround educational policy decisions; and
- network with policymakers, educationalists and fellow policy learners.
Who should attend?
Policymakers, management level individuals from NGOs, academics, education experts, school heads and teacher educators.Schedule
August 17 - December 4, 2020 | Every Monday | 3:00 - 6:30 pm
- National participant: PKR 39,048 + 1,952
- International participant: USD 238 + 12
This fee is inclusive of applicable Sindh Sales Tax.
The banking details for the online transfer of the course fees are given in the registration form. Kindly send a scanned copy of the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
so that your registration can be confirmed.
Deadline for Registrations
August 10, 2020
*Registration will be made on first come first serve basis and subject to availability of seats.
Dr Sajid Ali is an Associate Professor and also serves as the Interim Dean at the Aga Khan University’s Institute for Educational Development, Pakistan. He holds a PhD in Policy Studies from University of Edinburgh, an MEd in Leadership and Policy from Monash University, and a Masters in Sociology from the University of Karachi. Dr Ali is the recipient of various awards including: A.R. Kiyani Gold Medal – 1997, Australian Development Scholarship – 2003, Commonwealth Youth Leadership Award – 2003, Edinburgh Research Award – 2006, South Asian Visiting Fellowship at Oxford – 2011 and Australian Alumni Excellence Award - 2014. Dr Ali has taught at Hamdard University, Karachi University and University of Edinburgh. He is the current General Secretary of Pakistan Association for Research in Education. His research interests include globalisation and education policy, new forms of educational governance, policy networks, education reforms, privatisation of education and role of knowledge resources in shaping policy.
Dr Ali has a rich experience of being part of several policy initiatives in Pakistan at federal and provincial levels. He is considered an authentic voice on education policy issues in Pakistan. He has published in national and international journals and books.