A Continuing Professional Education Programme for mathematics teachers teaching grades 5-8.
The course will provide you with an opportunity to:
- develop and solve complex word problems and reflect on different ways to solve the problems;
- review strategies and processes of problem solving highlighted in literature;
- reflect on how problem-posing improves your skills of solving word problems;
- develop a plan to teach word problems; and
- analyse students’ work and reflect on lesson plans for improvement.
June 17, 19, 24 and 26, 2019
(four face-to-face sessions)
9:30am - 12:30pm
Rs 6,600/- per participant
Deadline for registration
June 13, 2019
Complete the application form and submit it to our Professional Development Centre, Karachi.
Dr Nusrat Fatima Rizvi holds a DPhil in Mathematics Education from University of Oxford, a Master of Education and Master of Arts from Flinders University of South Australia. She teaches Mathematics Education and Education Processes courses at graduate level. Her research interests include exploring effective models of teaching and learning, curriculum development, pedagogical content knowledge and their influence on students' learning.