In addition to the regular courses and services ELE_net offers, we provide consultancy services for AKU clients who need more specific or tailor-made provision. These services include:
- bespoke English language courses for individuals or groups of students, faculty or staff
- needs analysis studies to assess the English competencies required for study or work purposes
- English language assessments for individuals or groups of students, faculty or staff.
Example of the sort of consultancy services ELE_net has provided include:
- a 10-week course for staff in the Design Office consisting of face-to-face classes and online learning using the English 360 platform
- a 10-week course for AKU drivers delivered by the British Council in Karachi
- a 16-week course for frontline AKU staff selected using online products from the British Council with pre and post course testing using the British Council Aptis test
- a 10-week one-to-one executive English course focusing on English for professional communication purposes situated in the client’s work context
- a 16-week course supporting a group of students while taking an academic course on their nursing programme
- a comprehensive needs analysis study for students on one of AKU master’s programmes group of students
- a pilot study using the Password English language testing leading to its use as a common English language test for admission purposes
- a four-year tracking study assessing the progress made in English language during study on an undergraduate programme at AKU.
If you are responsible for an area of work or study at AKU and feel there are specific English language needs you would like to discuss, please email
to arrangement an appointment.