Fundamental Critical Care Support Provider Course
Introduction and Aims
The Fundamental Critical Care Support is a two-day comprehensive course addressing fundamental management principles for the first 24 hours of critical care. This course ensures that participants acquire the necessary skills and knowledge in dealing with the sudden deterioration of critically ill patients. Participants will engage with realistic clinical scenarios and will experience hands-on practice with high-fidelity simulators.
- Prioritize assessment needs for the critically ill patients.
- Identify appropriate diagnostic tests for the critically ill patient.
- Identify and respond to significant changes in the unstable patient.
- Able to recognize and initiate management of acute life threatening conditions.
- Determine the need for expert consultation and/or patient transfer and prepare the practitioner for effectively accomplishing transfer.
Within the technology enhanced learning environments of CIME, participants will learn through hands-on practice on simulators. Extensive time on 'Skills Stations' will enhance skills acquisition.
Who should attend?
Physicians who manage critically ill patients.
Date & Time
August 23-24, 2019
8 am to 5 pm
Registration fee: Rs. 7,500
Note: Limited Registration (First 25 delegates)
For registration and further information, please contact us.
Centre for Innovation in Medical Education
Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Tel: +92 21 3486 3705 / 3733 / 3730