Cardiac Intervention Simulation Workshop
CIME is collaborating in providing hands-on workshops teaching the latest techniques of percutaneous coronary investigation and intervention using the high fidelity simulator 'Mentice'. This workshop appeals to a range of participants, from novices aiming to develop a greater familiarity with angiography including basic wiring and catheter skills.
It also presents a perfect opportunity for more experienced clinicians to polish their interventional skills, increase their knowledge by engaging in case scenarios with high level of complexity and risk while in the safe environment of clinical simulation.
The participants will be able to:
- Identify, assess and treat lesions and coronary anomalies.
- Choose the optimal size and appropriate tools according to the specifics of an individual's anatomy.
- Navigate and apply therapeutic devices appropriate to lesion.
- Maneuver the tools in a smooth and precise way avoiding excessive fluoroscopy or contrast media.
- Perform pre-dilatation, stent placement, and post-dilatation.
Date & Time
December 2-8, 2018
8 am to 5 pm
For registration and further information, please contact us.
Centre for Innovation in Medical Education
Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Tel: +92 21 3486 3705 / 3733 / 3730