Critical Care Focused Ultrasound Course
Introduction and Aims
The 'Focused Ultrasound Examination' has become increasingly recognised as a safe and valuable diagnostic tool for the bedside assessment of critically ill patients. This course will ensure that participants acquire the skills and knowledge needed to perform this procedure effectively. Participants will engage with realistic clinical scenarios and will experience hands-on practice with high-fidelity ultrasound simulators (Vimedix and SonoSim).
Following this course, participants will
- Know how to obtain optimal images (machine setup, basic physics and knobology).
- Perform lung ultrasound and distinguish normal, pneumothorax, pleural effusion and consolidation.
- Understand how to perform Focused Assessment with Sonography in Trauma (FAST).
- Perform a 'preload assessment'.
- Perform a focused ECHO / DVT assessment.
- Demonstrate simulation-based airway / optic nerve sheath ultrasound.
Within the technology enhanced learning environments of CIME, participants will learn through hands-on practice on the ultrasound simulators Vimedix and SonoSim. Extensive time on 'Skills Stations' will enhance skills acquisition. A course manual will be provided.
Who should attend?
All residents, fellows & consultant working in Anaesthesia, ICU, Pulmonology, Emergency Room and Acute Care.
Fee: Rs. 6,500
For registration and further information, please contact us.
Centre for Innovation in Medical Education
Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Tel: +92 21 3486 3705 / 3733 / 3730