How to Apply
Only in situations where the online application is not accessible, candidates may request for a paper based application form by emailing the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline for Diploma in General Nursing (EN-RN): March 30, 2018
Application Deadline for Post-RN BScN and Post-RM BScM: April 13, 2018
Submitting an Application
Please note that in either case, whether applying online or submitting the pre-printed application; a hard copy of the following documents must be submitted to the Admission Office. Incomplete applications are not processed. An application is considered incomplete when required documents are not included in the application. The application must include:
- Hard copy of the online submitted application or the completed paper-based application form
- Two photographs with your name labelled at the back. Please refer Programme Information document for specifications
- Attested photocopies of official academic transcripts from your nursing training institution. All documents must be in A4 size; if a copy of the transcript is not available, you must present a certified letter from your training institution
- Copies of your enrolment/registration certificate and nursing license from the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC)
- Copies of your certificate of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) / Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)
- A recommendation form/letter from your employer to be sent directly to the Aga Khan University, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- One page Personal Statement describing your professional goals for the next five years
- Attested copies of Work Experience appointment letters from your current and previous employers to validate your statement in the application form
A non-refundable application fee of Ushs 60,000/- is applicable.
The application fee will be paid through bank in favour of “Aga Khan University, Uganda”. Cash, money orders, postal orders and personal cheques are not acceptable.
Mode of Payment
The payment can be made by a demand draft / pay order in favour of “Aga Khan University, Uganda”. The original payment receipt should be sent along with the application form to the Admission Office.
Candidates in Uganda can pay in Uganda Currency through online deposit to any branch of the Diamond Trust Bank Uganda Limited. The bank details are as follows:
Title : Aga Khan University, Uganda
Account # : 0101839028
Branch : Any Branch of Diamond Trust Bank
Note: it remains the responsibility of the candidate to complete the application requirements according to the instructions and time schedule. No reminders will be sent by the Admission Office. Once acknowledged, an application will not be returned.
Aga Khan University reserves the right to revoke admission and registration if an application form is discovered to be inaccurate or incomplete, or if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent. Any candidate who presents a fraudulent document in support of an application for admission may be identified to other universities and colleges.
The completed online application (in PDF file) or paper-based application, application fee and the required documents should be delivered either by hand, post or through a reliable courier service to the Admission Office at the following address. There is no provision for processing applications after the closing date.
All applications must be mailed to the following address:
Office of the Registrar
Aga Khan University
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Plot 9/11, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi Road
P. O. Box 8842
Tel: +256 414 349 494