Master of Education (MEd)
The Master of Education (MEd) programme is open to outstanding teachers and educational leaders at all levels of the education system. The programme provides clear theoretical frameworks and principles that support quality professional practice, equipping graduates to be exemplary teachers and educational leaders in a variety of contexts. You can enrol for a one-year full-time programme or a 3-5 years part-time programme
Students can specialize in one of the following: Educational Leadership and Management; Early Childhood Care and Education; Language and Literacy in Education; Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation; Science in Education; and Mathematics in Education.
Only in situations where the online application is not accessible, candidates may request for a paper based application form by emailing the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date to submit the applications for part-time programme is July 20, 2018. For full-time programme admissions have closed on April 23, 2018.
The part-time MEd programme has a duration of 3-5 years. It provides a clear theoretical framework and principles that support quality professional practice, equipping programme participants to become exemplary teachers and educational leaders in a variety of contexts. The curriculum is designed to accommodate practicing teachers, educational leaders, non-governmental and international organization individuals working in the education sector. Part-time programme is being offered in Tanzania.
- An undergraduate degree, with at least lower second-class (or equivalent) from a recognized University
- Minimum two years’ teaching (5 years if from the Kenyan public sector) or equivalent educational experience
- English skills sufficient to access a graduate level course
- Ability to demonstrate strong reasoning and reflective skills
- Ability to demonstrate a clear motivation for graduate level study