Advanced Diploma in Human Development
(Early Child Development)
The programme is not currently accepting applications for admission.
The Advanced Diploma is an in-service, multi-disciplinary, postgraduate programme. It is designed to prepare professionals engaged in health, education and social development sectors for the development of ECD strategies through a critical examination of current knowledge and practices.
- To apply the understanding that early experiences, determined by the social context, give shape to the brain and biological development, and set life long trajectories for learning, behaviour and health.
- To plan for sustainable, community-based integrated ECD services that can make a difference in the survival, growth and development prospects of children, create equitable opportunities for women, contribute to community mobilisation and social change and improve the human capital of the population.
- To work in a team and collaborate with professionals in several disciplines, donors and organisations in promoting effective ECD services that are grounded in community realities.
- To demonstrate how ECD programmes can promote the human rights of all children.
- To develop self-awareness of personal values, critical thinking skills and the ability to reflect on and analyse immediate environments within a larger societal context.