CTU’s mandate is to develop a center of excellence dedicated to advance AKU’s research mandate.
We are committed to developing systems and
processes that would allow us to conduct high quality clinical trials
relevant to the population of Pakistan; hence, improving access to drugs
and healthcare providers - consequently impacting the health of people
and healthcare practices nationally and internationally.
We ensure that trial staff are supervised to a consistent standard across studies, and that all tasks are undertaken to meet Good Clinical Practice requirements.
Trial management services by the CTU deliver projects timely, while ensuring that safety of patients and the credibility of data are maintained.
- Highly experienced, academically distinguished principal investigators with national and international reputations. Investigators are opinion leaders in their field with established prestige in the community and possess experience in conducting many national & international clinical trials
- University hospital with a wide array of on-site personnel including the full range of medical and surgical specialties, pharmacy, neuropsychology, social services, etc
- Pre-clinical and phase II-IV of clinical research including pharmaceutical and device trials, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, neuroimaging, PET, inpatient, outpatient, community based, pharmaco-economic studies and bioequivalence studies
- A comprehensive facility that includes a reception area, dedicated research pharmacy, physical exam rooms, psychometric rooms, monitor rooms, inpatient beds, refrigerator and -20C, -80C freezers for storage of temperature sensitive material, data storage area, on-site laboratory, and electronic data management capability
- Highly experienced research staff with extensive clinical trials experience and expertise facilitate rapid approval of protocols
- Local and International regulatory compliance with documentation and contracts
- Fulyl Good Clinical Practice compliant facility & staff
- Monthly Ethics Review Committee meeting
- Institutional review process for clinical trials
QA checks to deliver high-quality, high-impact clinical trials